A note from Talking Taiwan host Felicia Lin:
Jenny Wang spoke with me about Taiwan Week 2013, which is a week of events leading up to the Keep Taiwan Free Rally aka the UN for Taiwan (UN4TW). This year marks the 20th anniversary of UN4TW movement in New York. Listen to hear about all the fun daily events being planned for Taiwan Week.
Here’s a little preview of what we talked about in this podcast episode:
- What is Taiwan Week and how it got started
- What is the purpose behind Taiwan Week
- The connection between Taiwan Week and the UN for Taiwan Rally
- What activities and events are being planned for Taiwan Week
- The challenges in organizing Taiwan Week
- The kickoff concert event on Friday, September 6 and all events leading up to Saturday, September 14th, the day of The Keep Taiwan Free Rally
- The photo shoot with the Third Prince (三太子哪吒)
- Who the Third Prince is
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the UN for Taiwan (UN4TW) movement in New York. The purpose of this movement is to voice the injustice of Taiwan’s exclusion in international organizations such as the United Nations and also to spread the awareness by conducting outreach activities.
Taiwan Week 2013 Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/528492097224586/
See What Happened at Taiwan Week 2012: http://youtu.be/k9Lm-fPRy1Q
Keep Taiwan Free website: www.KeepTaiwanFree.org
Taipei Times article about the Third Prince (三太子): https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2013/02/21/2003555342